London is a city that’s endlessly popular with all types of travellers – from families and young people to couples and those who travel for business. With its eclectic culture, vast history and impressive nightlife it remains to be one of the most popular city break destinations in Europe. Though London is often viewed as being an expensive place to visit, there are a lot of hotels in West End London that are ideal for anyone visiting on a short break. Just because the rates are better doesn’t mean you need to compromise; our discount hotels in West End London provide high quality accommodation at affordable prices, meaning visiting London for a long weekend is never out of the question.
If you’re stuck for ideas for your city break or are torn between visiting London and checking out another popular city, let us persuade you. Here are 10 unequivocal reasons why you should make London your next choice.
- London has a vast history and visitors will never be stuck for historical buildings to check out. The Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Tower Bridge and Trafalgar Square are just some of the popular attractions for those that are interested in the city’s vast heritage.
- Some of the country’s best museums can be found in London and most of them are free to visit.
- London is great for shopping and shopaholics are spoilt for choice with Oxford Street, Regent Street and Bond Street, as well as a number of large department stores and shopping malls.
- The London Underground is the third largest metro system in the world and the largest in Europe. No trip to London is complete without seeing what all the fuss is about.
- London is home to the British Monarch and The Royal Family, meaning there are tonnes of royal attractions to take a look at. On a city break in London you’ll be able to see where the Queen lives, take a look at royal residences and even visit where many royal weddings and coronations have taken place, Westminster Abbey.
- London’s West End is Europe’s answer to Broadway and some of the world’s best theatre shows can be seen there.
- Britain is famed for having a great pub scene and many of the best are in London.
- There’re a lot of outdoor spaces to explore in London when the weather is good. Hyde Park, Richmond Park and St. James’ Park are all ideal for picnics and getting back to nature.
- London is a city for everyone and there are a lot of attractions suitable for children, so you’ll never find yourself struggling to entertain young ones on a trip. London Zoo, London Aquarium and the V&A Museum of Childhood are perfect.
- London is extremely diverse and each neighbourhood has something different to offer, ranging from the exclusive upmarket area of Chelsea to cool and trendy Shoreditch.
If you’re visiting the UK on a city break, don’t forget to take advantage of the discount hotels in West End London. Hotels in West End London offer the ideal location, good public transport links and are close in proximity to many of the city’s top attractions.