When planning a trip to a new city with children, there are two essential ingredients for a relaxing stay – a child friendly hotel and a jam-packed itinerary of fun things to do for all the family. The Piccadilly London West End is a wonderful choice for families searching for hotels in the West End of London, with spacious rooms, superb dining and a range of amenities. With your luxury accommodation sorted, the question still remains, what’s the best way to fill your days?
London is a great city to visit with kids, rich in history, plentiful green spaces and a hundred and one child-friendly attractions and things to do. We’ve narrowed down the list for you to share or pick of the 10 of the best things to do with kids when you stay at the Piccadilly London West End.
- Science Museum – The Science Museum is one of London’s most popular attractions, a place of enjoyment for both children and adults alike. Kids of all ages will enjoy the interactive games, the hands-on experiences and exhibitions on offer and as parents it’s a great way to add a touch of fun into an educational attraction.
- ZSL London Zoo – London Zoo is a great place to take children. The zoo places a large emphasis on conservation, so as well as seeing some of their favourite animals, children will also learn about their protected status and their lives in the wild.
- Sea Life London Aquarium – Similarly to London Zoo, Sea Life London Aquarium provides an enjoyable and educational activity for children with a full house of fascinating sea creatures to explore.
- V&A Museum of Childhood – Located in Bethnal Green, the V&A Museum of Childhood showcases toys from the 1600s through to the present day. Kids can take a look at toys of the past and how they have changed, whilst learning what life was life for children of their age hundreds of years ago.
- Hamleys – Known as ‘The Finest Toy Shop in The World’ Hamleys is worth checking out if you have young children. It’s packed full of toys, demonstrations and art activities, making it a good way to spend an hour or so if you’re in the Regent Street area.
- Hyde Park – As one of London’s largest parks, Hyde Park is the ideal spot to take children with energy to burn! There are picnic areas, a playground, vast open space, a lake and lots of wildlife to find.
- Natural History Museum – As one of London’s main museums, the Natural History Museum is a top choice for families. There’s a tonne of exhibitions and events to check out including the famous dinosaurs and whales.
- Changing of the Guards – Buckingham Palace’s Changing of the Guards ceremony is a popular tourist spot and is something children of all ages will enjoy. From the gates of Buckingham Palace visitors can watch the ceremony, enjoying the traditions and uniforms, as the palace guards change shifts.
- Theatre – London’s West End has a number of theatre shows that children will love and tickets can be cheap if bought on the day. Popular shows include Matilda, Wicked and The Lion King.
- Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – This is one for Harry Potter fans! Check out Warner Bros. Studio Tour and feast your eyes on sets, costumes and props from the Harry Potter films.
At the Piccadilly London West End, we cater to families and children of all ages. As one of the key hotels in the West End of London, UK we make a conscious effort to ensure every stay is a relaxing and enjoyable as possible. Browse our special offers or check availability now!